Students may choose to either create a short 2-4 minute video or write an 800-1200 word essay on one (1) of the following topics:
- The historical significance of the Apollo Program
- How to make STEM part of pop culture
- Biography on one of the Apollo astronauts
- Why I want to go to space
- If you chose to write an essay, proceed to Step 3.
- If you created a video, upload that video to YouTube. In the description of your video settings, you MUST include the hashtag #gobacktospace AND a link to https://backtospace.com for your video to be considered.
- Fill out the Application on this page.
- Essay contestants should paste their text or type it in the field below. Please keep essays between 800-1200 words.
- Video contestants MUST include the link to their YouTube video. All videos MUST include the hashtag #gobacktospace AND a link to https://backtospace.com for your video to be considered.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions, Confirm you have Parent or Guardian permission, and Submit your Application.
Interested in becoming a Back To Space Student Ambassador, but not ready to submit your entry just yet? No problem!
Let us know you plan to enter and we'll keep you informed about deadlines and submission details.
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 14th, 2018
Complete the application form below to submit your entry. All entries must be received no later than 11:59pm, Friday, September 14th.
All entrants must be U.S. citizens currently enrolled in public, private, or home schools, legal residents of one of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia and between the ages of thirteen (13) and seventeen (17) on the last day of the contest period, September 14, 2018. For more details, refer to the Terms & Conditions.
The contest is closed.
Thank you to all the students who participated!
Sign up for our Back To Space newsletter and receive the best and most up to date news right away.